AMAZING GRACE

Friday, April 11, 2008

“Amazing Grace” is one of my favorite hymns. Grace was one of my favorite topics to preach on. I like the sound of the word “grace.” I feel good when I think of grace. I am deeply and sincerely grateful for the grace of God.

The year was 1989. I had been preaching at the Central Church of Christ in Stockton, California for almost twenty years. It was time to move on. The elders at the Lincoln Heights Christian Church in Phoenix, Arizona asked me to send a tape of one of my messages. “Send them a tape from last Sunday” I said to the church secretary. She sent it. They liked it. I moved to Phoenix and preached for that church for fifteen years.

The message my secretary sent was on GRACE.

Think about these words: Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see…”.

We all need grace. We have a gracious God. How great and gracious He is!

1 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

WOW! I wasn't sure I clicked on the correct page. I like your new look. I like grace even better. My favorite song on grace was written by Kirk Talley. The name is, "No Other Name for Grace but Amazing"