ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Monday, April 14, 2008

If you stay on this blog through the music AMAZING GRACE and TIME TO SAY GOODBYE the next music you hear will be ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. Or you can listen to it by just going to the sidebar and clicking on it.

The music is by Ennio Morricone and I think it is beautiful. My favorite rendition is on the DVD Tuscany by Andre Rieu. I can watch and listen to his performance over and over again.

I should mention that I first heard this music when watching the movie by the same name. When first released in 1968 the film did not receive critical acclaim immediately. But now it has matured into a classic. I liked the movie but I am not recommending it. Sergio Leone’s epic western was shot partly in Monument Valley. The movie stars Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Jason Robards and Claudia Cardinale.

Again, it is not the movie I am recommending it is the music. Listen to it. I think you will like it.

0 comments: