A DIFFERENT SOUND

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

IF and I realize this is a big IF, you have the sound turned on to your computer you are hearing a different sound today. Different that is, from what you have been hearing from my blog. I realize that many of you do not want to listen to music while you are trying to read so you just turn off the music. I do this sometimes too.

But for those of you who have been listening to my music you know that the first thing you hear is Just As I Am and then Amazing Grace. These are two of my favorites.

Now the first thing you hear is The Rivers of Babylon by Boney M. I wanted the music by Abba but I couldn’t find it. My wife said, “People will think they are on the wrong blog.” I said, “I don’t care.” Then when The Rivers of Babylon was immediately followed up with Just As I Am, she laughed and said, “Man, what a switch.” I said, “I don’t care.”

So here it is. Barack Obama is calling for change and everybody seems to love it. So love me. Listen to this music. You might like it. My playlist is really not for you—it’s for me. I like it!

The Rivers of Babylon is taken from Psalm 137. It’s about God’s people being taken into Babylonian captivity and demanded to sing songs of joy. They wept when they remembered Zion. They could not sing songs of joy in this foreign land.

2 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

I've never heard the song "The Rivers of Babylon" or, for that matter, ever heard of Boney M but I will tell you I'm going out to buy this music. Also, I attend Zion UMC so it has a double meaning for me!

Anonymous said...

love this song it just makes you get up and dance