THE STEADFASTNESS OF GOD'S LOVE (2)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Today I want to continue with some thoughts on Romans 8:28, one of my favorite Scriptures.

Yesterday we noted that the apostle Paul lists five truths about God’s providence.

First, we know that God works in our lives. Fantastic!

Secondly, God is at work for the good of his people. Since God is wholly good, his works are all expressions of his goodness. The goal of his providential dealings with us is our ultimate well-being, namely our final salvation. Verses 29-30 make this plain.

The closing song at our morning worship service Sunday was about the goodness of God. Many people went forward to confess their faith in Christ and many others to rededicate their lives. People were crowded around the front of the pulpit and up the center aisles.

GOD IS SO GOOD TO US!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your blog & especially the music you have there. I just stumbled across you yesterday from another link. I'll have to check and let you know who that was. I am just starting a blog of my own, and I am putting you on my favorites. God Bless YOU!!!