FAITH OF MY FATHERS

Monday, July 21, 2008

I am almost through reading Faith Of My Fathers, A family memoir by John McCain. This is a very interesting book and regardless of what you think of John McCain, he lived an exciting life. I found much to admire about the man.

Yes, I will be voting for McCain. However, there are many things I do not agree with him on. He just happens to be the better of the two running. And of course, I have never been able to vote for a man that agreed with me on everything—he just does not exist. But Ronald Reagan came awfully close!

The world seems to be in love with Barack Obama—but not me! Absolutely not! And I dislike his wife even more! Do I think he is going to be the next President? Yes, I do! I think there are enough stupid people in the United States that it is inevitable.

Do I dislike him because he is black? NO! That is not it! I don’t want him or any other liberal to be President. That’s the bottom line for me. He is just too liberal!

3 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

McCain has my vote! I just can't think about if Obama wins, it just worries me so.
Have a blessed day,
ginger

Kate said...

Dear Clif,

I would like to respectfully ask you to reconsider your premise that a vote for Obama equals stupidity. I'm also respectfully wondering how you know you don't like Michelle Obama?

Just some questions; of course this is your blog. However, regardless of who is our next President, I trust in God as I turn in my Bible to Romans 13.

:-) Kate.

Musings of A Minister said...

Kate,

Thank you for the kindness apparent in your comment. I have thought long and hard about Obama and it is his liberalism that I object to. I don't have the space to list all the ways I see liberalism as being stupid and hurting our country. As for his wife I have heard many things from her that help me to know that I don't like her or her attitude. I love everybody as human beings, but I don't like some people. She happens to be one of them. I like Obama but I will not be voting for him. I respect your right to vote for him and like her. Thanks for stopping by.