MALL MANIA

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday I watched a television program about how malls are the big thing all over the world. I was amazed. Some of them have condominiums built in them with big, beautiful parks outside.

A few years ago some were saying that malls would soon be a thing of the past and that all shopping would be done on the internet. No so! People want to see and feel what they are buying and they want to interact with people.

However, in the United States not many new malls are being built but almost all of the older ones are being remodeled and brought up to date.

Paradise Valley Mall is not far from where we live. And although we are surrounded with lots of new, inviting indoor and outdoor malls in our area, Paradise Valley Mall is still an inviting place. But it does need a lot of changes and it is getting them.The entire area is being re-landscaped and the newest addition to the stores is a new Costco—of all things. Now I go to Costco but it will never be my idea of great shopping. However, I am glad to see it along with its gas station moving into this great area.

We learn a lot from failure but I have always cheered success. I absolutely hate to see a store going out of business. So I cheer for the Paradise Valley Mall and Villages and wish them the best and I cheer not only for them, but for all the malls around the world.

P.S. My first job was in a “Mom & Pop” type grocery store. So I cheer them too and I never want to see them forced out. Hang in there if you can. We need you too.

0 comments: