THE AMERICAN DREAM

Friday, August 08, 2008

The American dream is to have it all!

My wife and I spent about an hour yesterday in the offices of Merrill Lynch, where we have what little-- what very, very, very, little money we have invested.

The man, who has been our broker for the past eight years, walked out the front door of the spacious, beautiful office building of Merrill Lynch last Friday and crossed the parking lot to become an investment advisor at Smith-Barney.

We just went in to see if he took our money with him (Just kidding). No, he wants us to move with him and so we went in to look into the situation.

This has caused me to look back and realize that almost every problem I have ever had centered around money (and material things, “stuff”). Not every problem mind you, but most of them!

As I get older I’m asking God to help me—if not to release my grip, at least to relax my grip on MONEY!

“Clif, I thought you said you only have a little money.” “I did, but I’m squeezing the daylights out the few pennies I do have.”

0 comments: