REACHING FOR GOD

Sunday, August 31, 2008

We reach for God in many ways. Through our sculptures and our scriptures. Through our pictures and our prayers. Through our writing and our worship. And through them He reaches for us.

His search begins with something said. Ours begins with something heard. His begins with something shown. Ours, with something seen. Our search for God and His search for us meet at windows in our everyday experience.

These are the windows of the soul.

...we must always be looking and listening if we are to see the windows and hear what is being spoken to us through them.

We must be aware, at all times and in all places, because windows are everywhere, and at any time we may find one.

Or one may find us.

(From WINDOWS OF THE SOUL Experiencing God in New Ways by Ken Gire)

3 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

His search begins with something said...reminded me of God in the Garden "looking" for Adam and Eve after they had eaten from the tree...as if God didn't know where they were...He has a cute sense of humor. Even in calling them out, he was giving them grace in "looking" for them. I also imagine back to the very beginning when God spoke and EVERYTHING became...he brought about the wind, rain, day, night, and our world just to mention a few...all in wanting relationship with His Creation.

I will be looking for my windows, listening to what I see and going to the bookstore to get WINDOWS OF THE SOUL.
come again and visit my blo.
I will be back to yours, too!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

The ladies group at our Church did a Beth Moore study and from that day on I realized that God is in my life, I see what he does for me everyday. I use to think somethings were a coincidences then I realized that it was God! My window is always open. God is on my mind all day every day. I am so glad that you are a big part of our Spiritual Sunday's thank-you.

God Bless

Unknown said...

Okay, you being a retired preacher and all, I was reading this thinking about how beautifully you write! I love the alliteration and comparisons! Then, I saw that you didn't write it and that I owe Ken Gire a thank-you for writing it...and then inspiring YOU to place it here. FABULOUS!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
KJ