STRESS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

One stressed-out secretary told her boss: "When this rush is over, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I earned it, I deserve it, and nobody's going to take it from me."
--Billy Graham, The Secret of Happiness

It doesn't matter how great the pressure is. What really matters is where the pressure lies, whether it comes between me and God or whether it presses me nearer His heart.
--Howard Taylor, Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret

(Taken from Charles Swindoll's book, The Tale of the Tardy Oxcart

2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Clif

I too own some of Nancy Veldman's CD's and have been to her shop. She is amazing.

Great post today.

Hugs!
Kat

Debbie said...

Hi Clif:
Great Post - short, yet so thought provoking. How many days have I felt like that???!!! Lots!! I am going to have get this book you speak of "The Tale of the Tardy Oxcart". I have read some of his books, but not that particular one.
Have a wonderful day! (OH, How I love coming to your blog - the music "Babylon" just stirs something inside my soul.)
Debbie