BLESSED BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS

Monday, October 26, 2009


One of the happiest days of our lives happened in San Gabriel, California when our daughter Carol was born. Another happy day took place in that same city two years later when our son Allen was born. But this is not about Allen. This is about Carol. Today is her birthday! Notice I'm not saying how old she is. I have picked up on the fact that women don't like that too much!

We are missing Carol today. She is in Cambridge, MA. attending a class at Harvard.

We celebrated her birthday early before she left.

When we lived in northern California Carol went three hundred fifty miles away to school at Pepperdine University. We missed her something terrible.

After she graduated and continued to live in Southern California (Whittier) we missed her.

When we moved to Arizona and she continued to live in Southern California--we missed her.

But then one glorious day she and her brother Allen moved to Phoenix and now live about five minutes from us.

God has blessed us with two wonderful children and we are now able to be with them often.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!

12 comments:

Karen said...

Blessings to you and your children. I would like to be closer to mine also!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It is nice when your children live close by. My son is in the Coast Guard and is stationed in Virginia. That is pretty far away from where we are in New England and we miss him.

Cheptoek said...

Best wishes for your daughter on her birthday.

Ms.Daisy said...

She looks just like her Mother!
Beautiful!
Glad she and her brother now live closer to you and Charlotte.


~Jean

Loren said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Carol!! I am soo glad you live by your kids.....That is truly a blessing! My mom moved away once....then i had kids and guess what??
She came back IN A JIFFY LOL

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Mary said...

Wishing Carol a very happy birthday! When my son and dil were going to move to Idaho with my granddaughters, I thought my world would end. I now know what parents feel when their children move far away. My kids did stay here, and I'm so thankful to God for that. It is truly a blessing to have them close, and you have been richly blessed!

Mary

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Yes,you have been blessed with a wonderful son and daughter.I'm glad that they live close to you, it just makes life easier.
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

You and Charlotte have a beautiful YOUNG daughter!

Ruthie said...

What a blessing to be near your kids. Our two daughters are near, but our son and family are in another state and we miss them.
Happy birthday to Carol.
From a Blogger friend.

FancyHorse said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! I'm visiting from your wife's blog.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

She is so pretty! Looks a lot like Charlotte! You are very blessed to have your children close-by. One of my biggest regrets is that I don't live near my children or grandchildren :-(

Katherine

Tara said...

Happy Birthday to your pretty daughter. Glad you were able to celebrate with her before she left. Hopped over here from your wife's blog. Glad I did. Your blog is very interesting.
Have a blessed day.