A BUFFALO COMES TO TOWN

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Home on the range?

Well not really, but that is a buffalo on the lawn. The lawn in front of my old high school in Lawton, Oklahoma.

Not a real buffalo of course, but a buffalo.

The real ones roam freely in the Wichita mountains not far from Lawton.

When I was in high school I loved to go out to that area to lake Jed Johnson and swim. We almost always drove around long enough to see the buffaloes before returning to town.

Why did we do it? I don't know. Why do high school kids do many things they do?

We wanted to see the buffalo? Not really. If you have seen one buffalo, you've seen them all. I guess!

The buffalo on the lawn will look better when the new sod starts to grow and turns green. I think.

Am I anxious to get "back home" to see the buffalo on the lawn?

Not really. If you have seen one fake buffalo you have seen them all. I guess! And I have seen one.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

A buffalo on the lawn. Aint that sumpthin'. I took pictures in the 50s of those buffalo in the Wichita mountains.

Warren Baldwin said...

I lived in Wyoming for 10 years, one hour from Yellowstone. We saw buffalo all the time. Yes, at times we just passed by them without really paying much attention. But, when I'm back there to visit, I still love to see them.

Heart2Heart said...

Aside from the zoo, I've never seen any roaming the range like the song has claimed but would love to see them.

Please stop by my blog today to enter in the final chances for this weeks giveaway if you have time!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat