GOD IS A BIG GOD

Friday, March 12, 2010

The trouble with a lot of people is: their God is too small. 


"...My God shall supply all your need..." (Philippians 4:19).


God will never let you down---"...shall supply all your need."


God never lets you off. Jesus said that God is a Father. He never said God is an indulgent grandfather. A true father is one who keeps control over his children as long as they are children.


God never lets us go. We have all heard the story of the boy who again and again broke the laws of the land and would end up in jail. His father would go down and pay his fine and get him free. A friend said to the father, "If that were my boy, I would let him go." He replied, "If he were your boy, I would too, but he is my boy and I can't let him go."

(Thoughts taken from Charles Allen"s splendid book, All Things Are Possible Through Prayer)

5 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

truly the Greatest of fathers, our God!

Organizational Development Services Plus said...

Clif, good reminder; good fathers use tough love to keep us in line.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

These are some amazing reasons why I love our God so much! His love is never ending and always more than enough for all of us.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

I love my ABBA Father....To know HE is with me always, loves me unconditionally, always thinking of me, watches over me.....WOW that is just to name a few! :)

HE IS GOOD!!

ibbynina said...

Amen and amen! What a great God!