LETTING GO

Friday, March 05, 2010


The kind, gentle, man who leads my Tai Chi class is not an instructor. He's a teacher-- an excellent teacher.

I have been able to grasp most of what he is teaching.

The part that has been the most difficult for me--should be the easiest.

The opening exercises, the warm-up exercises, the ones meant to relax the body are the ones that have given me the most trouble. Not because they are too difficult to do. But because they are too easy or simple.

He is guiding us step by step in relaxing through the rib cage, the stomach, the lips, the eyebrows--and that's where he loses me. I just don't get it!

But I think I'm making some progress after eight weeks.

When you've been uptight all your life--man, it's hard to let go.

3 comments:

Cheptoek said...

I have been learning that lesson of letting go and letting God.

Mary said...

LOL! So funny, yet so true!

So happy to be here visiting your blog, Clif...this is just what I needed tonight...thanks!

Cherdecor said...

You are so fun! I cannot believe you are under any stress. You seem like the most fun-loving, laid back person, I have ever seen. Be careful with relaxing those eye brows. If I relaxed my eye brows any more, I would not be able to see. Age does that, you know, not stress.