TALK LESS AND LISTEN MORE?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Most of my life has been spent talking.

For years I preached Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday night. The years I didn't preach on Wednesday night, I taught a class. As a minister I was talking to somebody about something "all" of the time even when I wasn't in the pulpit.

We have all been advised to talk less and listen more.

Six years ago I retired. I have been listening and listening some more.

Am I better off than before? I don't think so.

I listen morning, noon and night.

I never realized there was so much ignorance being spewed out every day in every direction.

I hear it on the news, read it on Face book, blogs, in the newspapers and hear it just about everywhere I go except church.

Is there any hope?

ABSOLUTELY!


But we are going to have to be discerning about what we listen to. Just listening and believing everything we hear is not going to get it. I think maybe we better listen but then speak up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN.

ibbynina said...

Well said! My mom has said that all the things she's learned in 63 years from people 'sharing' their thoughts has not enriched her life one bit. The best times in her life were the 'innocent' years....

Loren said...

Amen Clif! Preach it :)

I pray for discernment ALL.THE.TIME!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I think it's time for a revival in the hearts of the American people. This is the type of change people are looking for, one from God and not one from man.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat