THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Thursday, November 22, 2007

WOW! TODAY IS THANKSGIVING DAY 2007! It doesn’t seem possible. Time just seems to fly by. And Saturday will be my 73rd birthday. Seventy-three years of seeing Thanksgiving Days come and go—a lot of memories.

There were years and years of family gatherings. They were wonderful! They have now tapered down to usually just our immediate family. But that’s good too. We have a mountain of memories. Today we will do some personal family things. My son will help me put up our Christmas tree. Charlotte usually helps me but this year she is nursing a bad knee.

When I think of my blessings I think of the churches I ministered with in California and Arizona. Pastoring a church has to be one of the highest of all callings. In this position, one has the privilege of touching life at its tenderest points. After all these years I say to the churches, “Thanks for the memories!”

I have no way of knowing what other surprises God has over the horizon. I do not know what lies ahead, but for today I pause and praise Him and thank Him for the memories.

1 comments:

Marion said...

Hi Clif,

I just wanted to say hello, and Happy Birthday. I am a good friend of your nephew, Wayne, and enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for the good insights...

Marion