GOOD/BAD KIDS

Saturday, July 08, 2006

We were strolling up and down the aisles at Albertson’s when all of a sudden a big rubber ball shot up into the air, almost hitting the ceiling and then crashing down on the grocery shelves. It happened three or four times in a row, so I went to check it out. A boy had taken the ball from the shelf and was kicking it as hard as he could. I watched him do it again and then I asked in a loud voice, “What the devil are you doing?” He had a blank, shocked, look on his face that seemed to ask, “Who are you, old man?” I said, “Put the ball back on the shelf and leave it alone unless you want to buy it. And don’t dare kick it again.” He put the ball back and stomped off.

Yesterday two kids were propping the front doors open to a large store. They were swinging on the open doors and annoying everybody coming in and going out. I told the girl to close the doors because she was trying to cool all of Phoenix. She closed them, but when I walked away she opened them up again. I walked back over and said, “I thought I told you to close those doors” She said, “I don’t want to.” I said, “I don’t care what you want. Close those doors right now.” She closed them and then went and cowered behind her mother.

My next blog may be from prison or a hospital bed. I really don’t care! I’m close to the off ramp of life and I am sick and tired of the “don’t rock the boat attitude.”

“Just leave the terrorist alone and they will leave you alone.” “Play nice and everything will be alright.” Bull!

It was a fantastic day in Carmel, California. It was the middle of the afternoon and we had stopped in a coffee shop for coffee and a brownie. It was peaceful and quiet and we were having a great time. A young lady came in with two young boys. She asked them what they wanted to eat and drink and they politely answered and then sat down. They saw a man walking his dog and they went out and talked with him. They came back in and washed their hands before eating. They didn’t splash water all over the counter, jump up and down on the chairs and tables or try to harass their mother and others. They didn’t look like nerds and they didn’t act like sissies—they acted like they had good sense.

Three cheers for this young mother and her good boys. They give me hope!

0 comments: