WE ALL MUST PLAY HURT

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I have always admired the athlete who was able to play even though he/she was hurt. I don’t think any sporting event is all that important. And it shouldn’t be necessary to play when you are hurt. But it is that important to some, and given their attitude—they must play. It takes guts! So what I admire is the do or die spirit.

Life is a lot like that. There are times when we must play hurt. We must go on. It takes guts.

Over the years I have learned that I don’t have to go it alone. Christ suffered and He will suffer right along with me. I can square my shoulders and try to go it alone or I can suffer with Christ. I have found out the hard way that it is better to suffer with Christ than to suffer alone.

Paul said, “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.” (Philippians 3:10, 11)

I may have to play hurt, but I don’t have to do it alone!

0 comments: