ON A RAINY DAY IN ARIZONA

Monday, January 18, 2010


My very comfortable reading chair which I have had for years sits in front of a window.

Taking a brief break from reading I look out to the East and see a window covered with rain drops. Beyond the window I see a wet, reddish orange tile roof and above it a plane in the distance and a bright blue balloon that is soaring high possibly having just slipped from some child's hand.

While on my break I do a few relaxing exercises I learned in my Tai Chi class, check out my blog and Facebook and write this post.

My habit is to sit in that chair with a book rest I bought from Levengers on my lap. Sometimes I read for thirty minutes. Sometimes I read for an hour or much longer.

Today my mind skips away from what I'm reading to thoughts of the devastation in Haiti. I remember the contribution we gave toward aid to that country yesterday at church. I take time out from reading to pray.

Now I turn back to find my book marker and resume reading. As I do I can feel the sun coming in on my shoulders. I turn to see the rain has stopped. Another plane is moving across the sky and the blue balloon is nowhere in sight.

I pray again! How blessed we are to be alive, well and happy. I am so grateful. God is good! I ask him again to bless and watch over those who are working so hard to help those who are hurting.


5 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Clif,
This touched my heart. How blessed we are, AMEN!
Ginger

Debbie Petras said...

Clif, you have a tender heart. Living in Phoenix, I have to say I'm enjoying this unusual rainy day. A perfect day for reading and hot chocolate.

Blessings,
Debbie

Cheptoek said...

We really are blessed in the everyday simple but oh so important things. Just that we breathe, we walk, we see and so on. Things we often so take for granted.

Ms.Daisy said...

Amen,Clif.

Anonymous said...

Howdy

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!