EASIER SAID THAN DONE

Monday, October 16, 2006

When I was a teenager I learned the truth and the value of living life one day at a time. I have believed it, taught it and tried to practice it for many years. It has been easy to believe it and teach it—it has been extremely hard to practice it.

I find that I am not alone in this experience. Most people believe life should be lived one day at a time but few are able to do it. Physically it is impossible to live more than one day at a time. But mentally we try to go back in our minds and relive the past. We also try to look into the future and live days that have not yet come and may never come.

We need to live moment by moment. For example: right now, writing this blog needs to be the only thing on my mind and I need to be giving my full attention to it. I need to be grateful for all that makes it possible for me to do this and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it.

There would be a lot more joy in our lives if we lived moment by moment. IT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE BUT LET’S FIND THE GUTS TO DO IT. ENJOY TODAY!

1 comments:

WhyNotWes? said...

sage wisdom Clif!