GOD'S PROVIDENCE

Sunday, October 22, 2006

For the past two weeks our Sunday morning Bible class has been studying God's providence. This is an extremely difficult subject but also very interesting. I believe that God is continually involved with all created things in such a way that he keeps them existing and maintianing the properties with which he created them. He cooperates with created things in every action, directing their distinctive properties to cause them to act as they do and directs them to fulfill his purposes.

If God controls all things, how can our actions have real meaning? Good question!

I derive a great deal of comfort from passages like Romans 8:28. I can't always explain these things but I accept them as true. I am glad to know that God is in charge.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done..."Gen. 50:20

"For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden." Romans 9:17,18

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

WOW! All I can say is Wow! Job had just lost seven sons and three daughters and yet he could say, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, may the name of the Lord be praised."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif, I learned that you would be teaching our Sunday School classes for the month of December. I am so excited to be able to learn again from your words, I am just as excited to be spending the holiday time with you and Charlotte. See you in Dec.
Fran