WANTING CHERRY—GETTING APPLE

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Today at lunch, I ordered a cherry pie at What-A-Burger. The little sticker on the outside of the container said, “Cherry” but the pie was apple. I like apple, so I ate it. However, the reason I ordered cherry in the first place is because I rarely get it. Charlotte doesn’t like cherry pie and so even though she is an excellent pie maker, she doesn’t make cherry pie. So having a chance to get one slice of cherry pie just for myself I was happy. I was happy until I opened the box and found apple.

Isn’t that the way life is? You want cherry but you get apple!

I know there is no need to sweat the small stuff. I ate the apple pie and thoroughly enjoyed it. That’s my point. You better not sweat the small stuff because it is just going to keep coming. It’s called Murphy’s Law, “If anything can go wrong, it will”

I have decided to make a game out of it. Next time I am at What-A-Burger I am going to order apple pie. Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and get cherry.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

O for a Whataburger. We don't have those here. Dorothy