BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

Friday, September 03, 2010




Our daughter took us to breakfast at Coco's this morning.

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day---although it's going to be HOT.


It is absolutely beautiful outside this morning. It's great to be alive.

I will be jumping in the pool again today. The pool days are numbered. Slowly but surely the water is getting a little cooler.

Baseball is ending. Football is starting up. There is a touch of fall in the air---just a touch.

My favorite time of the year in the valley of sun is coming on, not strong---but it's coming.

We won't have a fire in the fireplace until sometime around Thanksgiving and only then to knock the chill off in the morning. But the anticipation is almost as good as the real thing.

Normally I read upstairs in my favorite reading chair with the light coming in over my shoulders from the East window. Then when it's cool enough to have the fireplace going I like to snuggle up with a book in the family room in another great chair.

Did I mention that it's suppose to be 111 today?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swim days numbered fer sher. Ken and I seldom ever took a swim after the monsoons. The storms and cloudy days cooled the water off enough that it was not within the temp. range we enjoyed. Connie