WHITE CHRISTMAS? IN PHOENIX??

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Am I dreaming of a white Christmas? In Phoenix?? Are you kidding?
Last night I cooked steak outside on the grill. The weather was fantastic. However, it got a little cooler during the night so we had a fire in the fireplace this morning. We love it. Oh, it would be fun to have snow here, anytime—but we are not expecting it. If we want snow we can drive up to Flagstaff.

In our 17 years here we have seen snow twice. We saw enough snow to cover the ground one day when driving home from Cave Creek. Another time I had gone down town to the library on a Sunday afternoon. I had a meeting there with a group of ladies. I had to run the wipers all the way home to keep the snow off the windshield. The ground was completely covered and people were either outside or looking out their windows. It was marvelous. It came quickly and it left quickly.

Snow in Phoenix this Christmas? I don’t think so. But hey, maybe I will dream about a white Christmas. It will be fun. But if it doesn’t snow, I won’t cry. I will just run outside and get a tan.

0 comments: