CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Monday, December 18, 2006

Yesterday I asked about family traditions at a Bible Class I’m teaching this month. Wow! There are a lot of traditions and they are not the same for each family.

One family always eats Italian food at Christmas. The fellowship hall was full but there was only one family that had this tradition. I have thought about it for awhile and I think I would like Italian food for Christmas dinner. Why not?

Several families have Mexican food on Christmas Eve. Our family has had Mexican food on Christmas Eve but not always. It is not a tradition for us.

We always have pumpkin pies and pecan pies. We always have turkey and sometimes we also have ham, but ham is not a tradition at our house. We always go to the Christmas Eve service and then our tradition is to open presents on Christmas Eve. When our children were small we opened them on Christmas morning.

Family traditions are wonderful because families are wonderful. Sometimes families are separated by great distances. I hope your family is able to be together. As I get older I see the need to get together as often as possible. I feel this way about the immediate family, distant relatives and the church family.

Do it often. You will always be glad you did.

0 comments: