A PEEK INSIDE OUR MAILBOX

Friday, January 01, 2010

Yesterday, the last day of the year, I strolled to the mailbox not expecting much.

The small box was full.

Here's what I found:



POTTERY BARN CATALOG - Whee! We only get one of these every few days.



SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION MAILING - A notice that the last mailing contained an error. We both received one. I wonder how much was wasted in correcting this mistake.


A BOOK - No great surprise here except that it was suppose to arrive about a month before Christmas. It is a Christmas book that I was asked to review. Oh well!



BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION MAIL OUT - An appeal for help with their projects.


MACWORLD MAGAZINE - Charlotte subscribes to this.



PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY MAGAZINE - A beautiful 52 page magazine advertising Pepperdine's 67th Annual Bible Lectures. We have been attending these lectures for 51 years. We have only missed a few times in all these years.



A LETTER FROM CHARLOTTE'S 91 YEAR OLD AUNT - A wonderful, well written 9 page letter.
The part that touched my heart was when she wrote these words: "I told Tom if I die before he does, please hold my hand on the way to heaven. I can't imagine going without him."

                                                         ------------------------
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2 comments:

Warren Baldwin said...

Interesting mail day! Have a Happy New Year.

Cheptoek said...

Oh! How romantic. First, writing a 9 page letter. That is a treasure. I miss that people rarely write a paper letter anymore! Second, what she said, so beautiful and it just touched my heart so, You coudl just feel their love.

The joke about the antennas had me laughing, and I mean loud! Thank you.