MISSED MY CALLING

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I thought the message was clear: “Go be a preacher!”

It’s hard to believe I could have missed it so badly. The message must have been: “Go be a plumber!”

The plumber came to my house today. He was from Christian Brothers Plumbing. After he quoted me the price for the job I wanted done, I heard the message clear as crystal: “Brother, you missed your calling.”

Oh well, I’m sure I received more joy from preaching than I would have plumbing.

But on second thought, maybe not. Those Christian Brothers looked pretty happy on their way to the bank.

1 comments:

WhyNotWes? said...

I tried doing some plumbing at our old house. I ended up breaking a pipe that sent water streaming through the roof downstairs. So then I had to hire a plumber and drywall guy to fix everything. Oops.