BEHOLDING THE KING

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rod Cooper does a good job of developing Isaiah 6:1-8 in his message, “Beholding the King.” The “big idea” of his message is: Once we’ve seen God the King, we worship, confess our sins, and go where God sends us. Here are some thoughts from his sermon:

When the king died, Isaiah saw the Lord.
*Sometimes our world goes from calmness to chaos in the twinkling of an eye.
*But Isaiah learned that even though King Uzziah died, the divine king was still on the throne.
*God allows chaos in our lives to help us see where we put our trust.

Once we’ve seen the King, we worship.
*Like the seraphim in heaven, we need to be available to him and worship him.

Once we’ve seen the King, we confess our sin.
*The natural response when we experience God is to feel convicted as Isaiah did.
*Once we confess, God cleanses us of our sin.

Once we’ve seen the King, we go where he sends us.
*We are to respond with an attitude of gratitude, saying, “Here am I, send me.”

Clif's Comment:
I lived a long time without seeing God the way I should have. Once I did, it made all the difference—not only in the way I preached, but the way I lived. Read Isaiah 6:1-8 and ask yourself, “Am I seeing God the way I should?”

0 comments: