OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Monday, August 07, 2006

Clif’s Blog was closed yesterday.

Except for a few days vacation, I have only missed writing a blog two or three times. When that happened I received inquiries wanting to know where the blog was.

Yesterday was Sunday. When I was a kid, everything closed on Sunday. “Closed up tighter than a jug.” No groceries were bought, no gas was sold, and no prescriptions were filled. You had to plan ahead or you went without.

Then one day a few grocery stores and gas stations started staying open. It was front page news! That’s all anybody talked about for awhile. We debated whether or not the owners would end up in hell. We argued that the customers would probably go to hell too. As a teenager I didn’t have a clue. It looked like to me that we might all go to hell.

It wasn’t long until everything was open on Sunday. Hell? Maybe. But who cared, we had never seen it. It probably was just something made up by preachers to scare people.

Oh, by the way, back to why I didn’t write a blog yesterday. It had nothing to do with yesterday being Sunday.

I forgot!

0 comments: