CONTENTMENT

Monday, August 06, 2007

I don’t meet too many contented people today. Maybe I’m running with the wrong crowd. Maybe I spend too much time looking in the mirror. Let’s face it; contentment is hard to come by. I think it’s because a contented person has his heart focused on God rather than on possessions or position or power.

The very first temptation in the history of mankind was the temptation to be discontent. God had provided for Adam and Eve far beyond all they needed. Satan caused them to question the goodness of God. And that is exactly what discontent is—a questioning of the goodness of God.

Earlier this morning I was out in the garage messing with my “stuff” and I thought to myself, “Man, you have got too much stuff.” Later I came in and was looking at all the books in my small study and I thought to myself, “Brother, you are going to have to get rid of some of these.” Why then do I have days when I am discontent because I want something more? Why?

I will be more content when I get my heart focused on God!

0 comments: