KNOW YOURSELF

Thursday, July 16, 2009

(The following is adapted from The Power to Change Today by Gregory Dickow)

The great king of the forest, the lion, was proud of his mastery over the entire animal kingdom.

One day the lion decided to make sure all the the other animals knew he was the king of the jungle.

He bypassed the smaller animals who weren't even worth his time and went straight to the great bear. He then went to the tiger. They both quickly agreed with him that he was the king of the jungle.

Next he went to the elephant, who stood towering over the lion, ignoring his question altogether. The, the six-ton gaint grabbed the lion with his trunk, whirled him around in the air several times, and slammed him into a tree! When the lion attempted to get up, the elephant pounded him onto the ground several times with his trunk, dunked him underwater in a nearby lake, and finally dumped him out onto the shore.

The lion--bruised, bloody, battered, and seemingly beaten--struggled to his feet, looked the elephant straight in the eye, and without hesitations said: "Look, just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean you have to get nasty about it!"

Friends, that lion knew who he was. And so must you.

4 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Not only did I read this but I had to share this with my hubby! What an awesome story this was! Gotta be more like the lion!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

SmilingSally said...

I don't think I want to be like the lion because I don't like to end up bruised and bloodied.

Anonymous said...

Good story. I think the lion was courageous because he knew who he was. Sandy For goodness sake I'm anonymous

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This brought a smile to my face!

Katherine