SUMMERTIME

Monday, June 21, 2010

Today is the first day of summer.

There's a lot to like about summer in the desert:

Time in the pool. You don't have to have a heater for the pool when you live in the desert.

Less traffic. The "snow birds" go home. Glad to see them come. Happy to see them go for a while.

Home made ice cream. Sure you can make it any time but it seems to taste better when the temperature is over 100 degrees outside.

Great time to head up to Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.

You can go to your favorite restaurant without standing in line waiting for a table.

Fall is the season I enjoy the most in the desert. But summer comes every year. I made up my mind a long time ago, I am going to be grateful for every summer God allows me to stay here.

Hey, it's"summer time and the livin' is easy."

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Love it. Love you.
Charlotte

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Ah just to go back and enjoy all the summertime memories, back yard Bar B Ques, fresh squeezed lemonade, watermelon, and just being able to enjoy the days a little longer cause the sun was out more.

What a great post you created today.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

As we sat outside last night watching all the fireflies I told Mom everytime I think of Clif now :) There were sooo many of them

I love summer and while it has been especially hot and humid already here in OK I am soo thankful to have my kids at home and no schedule that normally pulls us in different directions!

Enjoy your homemade ice cream! That sounds delicious

Kelly said...

Here in Pennsylvania, our summer is always filled with humidity. I, too, love the Fall season. I love the beautiful colors as the tree leaves change. I love the fall harvest and the brisk cooler air; the pumpkins (and pumpkin pie), and apples (and apple crisp). Fall is just a time of great sights, smells and tastes here in Pennsylvania.