GO AHEAD AND CRY

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

All that needs to be done to remove the water spout for our guest bathtub is to just unscrew it from the wall.

That's all. It's really very simple and easy. I can do it without tools.

So I took it off. I then went to Ace Hardware, and Home Depot looking for a replacement. It's gone out of style and the news ones don't fit. I got a little map showing the way to the Plumbing Supply Store. It should have been right on the corner of 10l and Cave Creek. It wasn't!

While I was driving around looking for it a little light on my dash (that I had never seen before) came on. I stopped, got out the book that came with the car and it said I should go to BMW and have it checked out. I took Charlotte home because she didn't want to go to BMW. She has been there before.

BMW said it was indicating the anti-freeze was a little low. They had it filled and me on my way before I could drink a cup of coffee. Isn't anti-freeze a funny name for something needed in the desert?

I went to another Plumbing Supply place and they couldn't help me.

I called a plumber. He's coming Friday. We own our home. I guess I can take out a loan on it.

Don't tell me that pain isn't real that it's all in my head and that I shouldn't cry

Pain can be very real.

                                              There was a faith-healer of Deal
                                              Who said, "Although pain isn't real
                                              When I sit on a pin
                                              And it punctures my skin
                                              I dislike what I fancy I feel."

5 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

Planned obsolescent-ness. Repairmen love it!

Down on the Farm said...

I know, I know, right here in front of God and everybody. OBSOLESCENCE

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

We had that same experience after purchasing our home. Those seemingly easy repairs turn out to be such a nightmare sometimes.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mevely317 said...

Oh bummer, Clif! I just had to show this to my DH ... by trade a "handy-guy" :).
Tom gets all his plumbing fixtures for the older homes at Scottsdale Plumbing* -- Miller Road and Osborne. (* He's pretty sure that's the name and they'll have what you need.)
If you have any questions, just let me know!

G'evening,
Myra

Karen said...

Oh...so very true...