"Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work We Go"

Tuesday, June 22, 2010


Retirement must be great. No more work.

Guess again!

Since I was going to be working outside today I decided I needed a good breakfast. Cereal just wouldn't take care of what I had in mind.

So, since I have been wanting to learn how to make an omelet for years, I gave it the "old college try" (whatever that is) and I did it. No, it wasn't beautiful. But it was tasty. It will be beautiful and tasty next time.

Many, if not most, front yards in the Phoenix area have rocks in the yard--not grass.

When we moved to this area I thought this was the dumbest thing I had ever seen but I also thought it might not require much work. And it doesn't require a lot of work but it should be cared for at least every week or two. I give mine special attention about once every six months.

Yes, retirement is great in many ways. But it doesn't mean you never have to work.

1 comments:

Mevely317 said...

You're a funny fella, Clif!
...Personally, I'd like to see AstroTurf popularized. (Maybe not?)
Keep after those omelets - sounds sooo yummy!

Myra