BLOWIN' YOUR TOP---BLOWIN' IN THE WIND

Friday, December 16, 2011

 And don't sin by letting anger gain control over you.
Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry.
          Ephesians 4:26


"Sally Jo I have been here since 9:00 (that meant an hour) and this guy just now walked in and your are taking him before me."

"I'm sorry but he checked in on the computer and his name got here before his body. He's next. I'm sorry that's just the way it is."

"Ok, good-bye. You will never see me again."

Out the door he went!

Charlotte and I were waiting for hair cuts. We have been married 53 years and this was the first time we had ever gone into the same place at the same time to get our hair cut. A big adventure!

No more than a minute later the door opened and back in walked Mr. Angry. He had calmed down and wanted to get his haircut. Smart move. After all, he had been waiting an hour and he was next in line.

Years ago when I was a young preacher. A deacon became upset at a meeting we were having. He jumped up said he was resigning as a deacon and walked out closing the door behind him.

No more than a minute later the door opened. He slipped back in and sat down. Nothing was said.

It's bad to "blow your top." It's good to get over it quickly.

Oh yes, Charlotte and I got our hair cuts. And it's a good thing too. It's a windy day in our area and what little hair we have left is "blowin' in the wind."

0 comments: