A RAINEY DAY IN THE DESERT

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yes. It rains in the desert.

Phoenix gets about 8 inches of rain a year. This is not much compared to other major cities. Los Angeles  gets about twice that much and Seattle gets four times that much rain.

But it does rain here. In fact it's raining right now. It was raining when we went to bed last night and it was raining when we got up this morning.

Earlier I posted on Facebook that we were going to the health club and that I would be riding the bike, walking on the treadmill, lifting weights and looking out the huge windows past the palm trees to the beautiful purple mountains soaked in rain.

By the time we got to the club the rain had stopped the sun was shining and I looked out at purple mountains shrouded in billowy,white clouds. Beautiful!

After lunch we went shopping at Kierland Commons. With all the beautiful decorations, a light mist falling and many, many people scurrying around---it looked a lot like Christmas. Or at least it was beginning to.

We are now home again. Charlotte is bustling around wrapping presents. I'm upstairs posting this on my blog as the rain splatters gently against the windows.

I'm going downstairs and curl up with a book---a good book, in front of the fireplace.

Sunday afternoon following a memorial service I was chatting with a Doctor friend of mine who will be retiring next year. He was wondering if he would like retirement.

I SAID, "YES!"

0 comments: