CLIF FROM A TO Z (B) BAND AIDS

Monday, August 19, 2013




Band Aids are one of the little things in life that many of us take for granted.

Most of us have had a relationship with these little things since early childhood.

My latest need for one was two days ago when I cut my finger while working outside.

It wasn't a bad cut but I was bleeding like a "stuck pig." That's Okie talk for a lot of blood.

The Band Aid did the job---stopped the bleeding and I went back to work.

Once a month the nurse at Cigna sticks a Band-Aid on my behind.

It's usually has a cartoon character on it and if not she apologizes.

I won't tell you what the monthly injection is for but I'll give you a clue. If you see the Commissioner of Baseball coming my way, let me know.

Band-Aids did not just fall out of the sky. Somebody thought of them. Somebody else said, "You know what, we should make these available to everybody. Maybe that's the way it happened, I don't really know. I don't think the government had anything to do with it or they wouldn't be so ready available.

I was born in 1934 and I think Band-Aids were around way back then. If not, they appeared on the scene shortly there after. I will soon be 79 and I can't ever remember needing a Band-Aid and being told there were none available.

Band-Aids--- little but very helpful in a time of need.

0 comments: