JAN KARON

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message by Jan Karon given at the Washington National Cathedral. Her message was, “Wrestling With And Writing From The Heart.”
If you read and enjoyed her Mitford books you probably would enjoy her speech. It is long (Over forty minutes), so you may not want to devote that much time to sitting and staring at a computer screen. If you are interested just send me a comment and an e-mail address and I will send you the address for the Washington National Cathedral site.

Today I’m thinking about people who love to read. I have always loved to read and I think everybody should read for many different reasons. Let me encourage you to read Jan’s books. They are delightful. They are not serious theology but they are filled with faith, grace and redemption. They are just good stories for people who like to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif,
I love these books. After you all told me about them, I put them all into the church library. I would love to hear the speach.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Jane gave you the first book.