Eternal Punishment

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

You don’t have to live in Phoenix very long to fully appreciate the crude, old expression, “It’s hot as _ _ _ _.”

From a very early age I have known about hell. I have not known much about it and still don’t. I have heard sermons about hell and it was “hell” to have to listen to some of them. I have read everything the Bible says about it and many books. In my opinion the best book (and it contains a lot of scripture) is by Edward Fudge, The Fire That Consumes.

All my life I have believed the old tradition that those who end up in hell will burn for eternity. Fudge doesn’t believe that and I no longer believe it either. We both believe in hell and believe that those who go to hell will be consumed by fire and separated from God for eternity.

Man, its hot here today. It makes me think about cleaning up my act.

0 comments: