OUR STORY AS A SCREEN SAVER

Sunday, June 11, 2006

We all have “our story.” When I counsel with someone I often say, “Tell me your story.” I want to know as much about them as I possibly can. I want to know “their story.”

My wife has put “our story” on our computer as a screen saver. I didn’t think of it this way in the beginning. The pictures come up on the screen, one after another, as a slide show. There are a lot of them and they bring back a host of memories from every phase of our lives.

One day while looking at these pictures I realized that I was seeing myself for who I really am. I was viewing “my story.” I mean I was seeing myself for who I really am. Not just who I have always thought I was, but who I really am. I think that seeing yourself as a child, teenager, young adult, young married, husband, father, on the job, at home, on vacation, retired, etc. helps you to see more clearly. It’s very enlightening. You should try it. I have seen some good screen savers—but this is the best.

0 comments: