POWER FROM ON HIGH

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Edward Fudge is a Christian lawyer, writer and preacher who lives in Houston, Texas. For years I have read his books and articles and listened to him preach. Today I have just finished reading his provocative article, Power From On High, The baptism of the Holy Spirit. I feel this is an article that needs to be read by every Christian. So many Christians, know little or nothing about the Holy Spirit.

I may not agree with everything Fudge says in this article but I strongly believe the following:

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you…You will behold me…In that day you will know that I am in My Father and you in Me, and I in you…If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.” (John 14:18-20, 23).

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt.28:18-20)

0 comments: