BE FLEXIBLE

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Once I get something in my mind I find it extremely difficult to let it go.

I grew up with the idea that we need to persevere. Nobody ever told me how much stress inflexibility creates.

We all have times when our plans change. We think something is going to take place and it doesn't. Somebody doesn't do what they said they would do. You lose your job---and on and on it goes. It's only human to be frustrated when our plans get disrupted.

We need to know that there are going to be interruptions. It's inevitable.


So we need to learn to be flexible. I used to think that being flexible was just being weak. But it's not. And learning to be flexible will bring peace of mind and less stress. Not only to you but to all those around you.

Now, I'm certainly not talking about going along with something that is wrong. I'm talking about those things that happen every day that in the end do not amount to "a hill of beans."

Like it or not--things change.

6 comments:

Merana Leigh said...

Being flexible also helps to reaffirm in our spirit our trust in God & what He's unfolding in our lives or protecting us from. I kinda equate it with bending like the sweeping bough of the willow in the wind.

I've been praying for you, Clif.

~ Merana

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Be learning to be flexible we can bend but not break! Great post!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Down on the Farm said...

I believe one of my greatest attributes is being flexible. Makes life so much easier.

Saleslady371 said...

Not to mention...transitions...don't like those either!

Mevely317 said...

I'll admit it! Presuming flexibility is akin to weakness...those who float unhurriedly around the office while Rome's burning - LOL! Being interrupted ~ or worse, derailed ~ is soooo irritating.
But!, come to think of it, it's that "floater" who's wearing a smile.

Loren said...

OH Clif....this is sooo true! My sweet and oh so wonderful husband is NOT the most flexible person in the world ;) I can be found quite often saying to him
"Honey, just go with the flow" LOL

I think he would agree with you on this post! It truly does make for alot less stress!

Happy almost weekend :)