DUMBER FOR HAVING LISTENED

Friday, August 27, 2010

The following quote from the movie Billy Madison reminded me of all the dumb things we listen to from politicians, preachers, professors---just people in general.


"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."--Principal in "Billy Madison"

Yes, it's a shame but the principal is right. We are often times dumber for having listened to certain things. For too many times we accept insanely idiotic things without any questioning at all.

The principal wanted God to have mercy on Billy's soul because the things he said were insanely idiotic. Will He? Will God have mercy on our souls for the insanely idiotic things we say?

I hope so. I pray so. I also pray that God will lead all of us to truth and rational thought in our communications--coming and going.

1 comments:

Mary said...

Loved this post! The photos are a perfect representation of dumb, irrational, idiotic, insane thinking and speech. I do pray that God will change the hearts of those who foolishly believe them.

God bless you, Clif!

Mary