NEVER FORGET

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 ! What do your remember about that day?

I remember exactly where I was the day President John F. Kennedy was shot. I was driving on the Hollywood Freeway on my way to a religious book store in Santa Monica. I went into the store and told them what had happened and they didn’t believe me. I understood why they didn’t believe me. I wasn’t sure I believed it myself. However, they turned on their radio and as we listened together to the sad news—we became believers.

I remember exactly where I was when the attack, now known as 9/11, happened. I was at home watching the morning news. At first, I didn’t know what was happening. I couldn’t take it all in. I stared at the television screen in disbelief. However, it wasn’t long until Charlotte and I became believers.

What do you remember about that day? We must never forget the horror of it all and the lives that were lost.

“America, America, God shed his grace thee…” I never sing those words without getting a little misty eyed. I love America and I hope you do too. Let’s be the kind of people that help to make America great! God bless America!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif,
Like you, I was home, watching the news. I heard on the radio the news that a plane had crashed into the Trade Center. At that time, they still weren't sure how big a plane it was. I went out into the living room and turned the tv. I will never forget standing in front of the tv as it came on, just as the second plane crashed into the tower. What an awful moment; what an awful day that was.
May America never lose its determination to continue the fight against the terrorists.
Steve