IT LOOKS LIKE PHOENIX BUT FEELS LIKE MONTEREY

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Only an idiot would think that Phoenix is anything like Monterey. Not wanting to appear to be a complete idiot, I need to clarify the title of this blog. I’m sitting upstairs looking out the window. Looking out this window I see a red, very wet roof, two citrus trees, a huge pine tree and a backyard full of greenery. Everything is still wet from last night’s rain. Now I know this is Phoenix, but it feels like the Monterey Peninsula.

In Phoenix, we only have a few days like this—but we will take every one we can get.

I love Phoenix. I love the Monterey Peninsula. I love everyplace I have ever lived.

I would love to live in many different places for about a year at a time. I would like to wake up each morning for a year in a particular city and then at the end of the year, move on. But that is not to be. Phoenix may be my last city to live in or call “home.” But even so, it will not be my final “home.”

I love Phoenix but I do not think it can compare with heaven. In all honesty I think it has some of the characteristics of a place far removed from heaven. (Hot)

0 comments: