WHEN FAVORITE PEOPLE DISAPPOINT

Monday, September 25, 2006

Curt Warner is a Christian and a good quarterback. I like him a lot. But yesterday he lost the football game for the Cardinals. After the game he said, “We have to stop losing games like this.” Not we, Curt—you! You lost the game when you threw three interceptions and fumbled the ball in the last few minutes. The young quarterback for Arizona State also lost the football game he played in Saturday. He stepped up and said so. He said, “Evidently I’m not as good as I thought I was.” Ok, that’s good thinking. Just get back out there next week and do better. I’m confident you will. But I’m not sure Curt Warner will.

Mel Gibson is a Christian and a good actor. But he needs to learn to keep his big mouth shut. Recently he said bad things about the Jewish people while he was intoxicated. A few days ago he spoke against America and said some things about the War in Iraq that didn’t need to be said.

What do you do when favorite people disappoint? If you do what I’m going to do for these two, you cut them some slack and move on. Maybe you don’t like the comments I have made about one or both of them. Hopefully you cut me some slack and move on. How many times have our friends just looked at us, smiled and moved on???????

0 comments: