RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT BLOGGING

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A dear friend of mine wrote his first blog a few months ago. He tells me he started his blog because of mine. I’m glad. I’m always eager to read what he writes and to keep up with what is on his mind. He doesn’t write as often as I think he should—but he does write. I have encouraged other friends to begin blogging but, as of now, they haven’t. I guess I want them to blog for selfish reasons. I see it as a way of keeping in touch. I don’t think they believe me when I say I’m interested in what they are thinking.

It is estimated that only about 5% of the population blog but there are some 70,000 new blogs every day. A new blog is launched every eights seconds and many of them have only a half a dozen entries or less. So, or at least it seems to me, that one should decide if they really want to blog or not, before beginning. Consistency and volume count for something.

Blogging gives the opportunity for others to interact with our thoughts and ideas. For this, and many other reasons, preachers should blog. It gives the members a look into the heart and soul of the preacher.

I invite you to come along with me. Let’s boogie (Ooops. I mean blog).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif,
I love your blog, because I can't hear you on sunday mornings anymore.
There are times I feel like blogging, but I think I would get too worked up. It's better if I just make little comments on other people's blogs.
Steve