LABOR DAY REVISITED

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Much to my surprise, Labor Day started off with labor. An uninvited storm dropped in for a visit the night before. Some of the first words I heard on Labor Day morning were, “Storm damage.” No damage at our house but my daughter had a tree down. LABOR.

In the afternoon we turned from labor to food. Hamburgers on the grill. Homemade ice cream on the patio. Two of my favorite foods.

Later, we hit the pool. It was a great day for laying on your back looking up at the sky. Everything was crystal clear after the rain. Big white, billowy clouds floating on a sea of blue. Absolutely beautiful.

In the early evening there was a fantastic rainbow.

The day ended with a beyond belief sunset.

Wow! I’d like to do this again next Labor Day.

0 comments: