DIALOGUE

Friday, September 08, 2006

Liberals drive me nuts. All they ever talk about is talk—or dialogue. “What we need is more dialogue.” How do you dialogue with an idiot, a madman, people who blow up children?

Most meetings I have attended (and I have attended a lot of them) were just a pooling of ignorance. I have lost count of the meetings I have attended when the church was excited about evangelism. We would meet and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk some more. The problem? We never did any evangelism. We didn’t want to go, we
wanted to talk about going.

Generally speaking, I am not in favor of meetings, the fewer the better.

The reigning Miss America is a member of the Church of Christ. Miss America for 2007 is a member of the Church of Christ. I am impressed with the fact that when most of the contestants for Miss America are asked what they want for the world more than anything else they reply: WORLD PEACE. Well, isn’t that good? Yes, it is good, but just talking about it doesn’t bring peace. And just having dialogue with a monster who wants to wipe Israel and the United States off the map will not bring peace.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif,

Amen! There's nothing to discuss with these terrorists. They want us dead. That's kind of a poor starting point in any negotiations, I think.

Hopefully our country will maintain its will to fight, rather than just talk about it.

Steve