PAPER PILE-UP

Friday, September 29, 2006

Where does all that paper come from? It just keeps coming. The newspaper plops on the driveway about 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning. The mail comes anywhere between 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Other paper products just appear by osmosis or something.

I take care of the newspaper almost immediately. I read it the first thing in the morning and usually by noon it is out of the house. What comes in the mail and what I print from the computer is my problem. For years I have had a problem with paper pile-up. Occasionally, like yesterday, I will dig into the mountain of “stuff.” On the way out to the trash can I looked like Santa with his bag of toys. Only it wasn’t toys it was trash. Why did I keep it so long? I kept it because I couldn’t make a decision not to keep it. “Hey, this is a great article. I may use this someday.” “Oh yeah, where, when?” “You’re right. I will never use it. I’m only dreaming. Those days are gone.” Out it goes!

I have made a resolution to sit down with the mail and immediately go through it and throw away everything that I know I don’t want and to file the rest. Sounds good! I have made the same resolution dozens of times. Maybe this time. Do you think? NAH!

0 comments: