A BIRTHDAY WISH

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I never really wanted to be a blogger but I am so glad I became one. It never fails to amaze me how much encouragement I receive from my blogging friends. And one of the world's greatest encouragers is my blogging friend Loren who is celebrating her birthday today. This is my birthday wish for her.

                                                 A BIRTHDAY WISH

I do not wish you joy without a sorrow,
  Nor endless day without the healing dark,
Nor brilliant sun without the restful shadow,
  Nor tides that never turn against your bark.

I wish you love, and strength, and faith, and wisdom,
  Goods, gold enough to help some needy one.
I wish you songs, but also blessed silence,
  And God's sweet peace when every day is done.
                                                Dorothy Nell McDonald

4 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I agree with you Clif about our blogging community. They are such an encouragement to me too, including your wife Charlotte.

Thanks for sharing that birthday wish for Loren. I think that's my blogging friend Loren too. :) She is special!

It's kind of cool that you blog Clif. You are one of the few husbands who gets this blogging stuff. LOL.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I think this is one of the best parts of blogging is being able to reach out virtually and "be there" for each other when we need it the most.

I know Loren will be deeply touched by your loving words for her birthday today.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

Kat is right! I am sooo deeply touched and wiping the tears away! You and Charlotte are sooo very precious to me and I am ever so grateful the Lord brought the two of you into my life! You have been such godly examples, such precious friends, an powerful prayer warriors too! I am so blessed to call you friend!

Thank you Clif for making me and my day so very special :)

Love you !!!

Connie said...

Clif, Thanks so very much for devoting your blog on October 12, 2010 to my sweet daughter, Loren Michelle!! She has told me time after time how she admires you & Charlotte, so your words are especially sweet to her on this her birthday. All my best to both of you....Loren's mom, Connie.